Sausage and Sage Pizza
– 3 Sweet or hot Italian sausages (or a combination of both), casing removed
– 12 Inch pizza crust (from store)
– 5 tb Grated romano cheese
– 1 Heaping T Chopped fresh sage or 1 ts Dried sage
– 1 Heaping C Grated mozzarella cheese
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Crumble sausage meat into small pieces. Either cook in microwave briefly or saute’ (3 to 5 minutes) to draw out excess fat; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over pizza crust then distribute sausage meat evenly over crust. Sprinkle romano cheese then sage evenly over meat. Bake pizza with toppings until nicely browned about 10 minutes. Before serving squeeze lemon juice over top of pizza. Makes one 12 inch pizza.